For security reasons all passengers and hand baggage are security checked before entering the gate area.
Please be on time as it can take longer than expected.
Please do not leave your baggage and possesions unattended, otherwise it can be regarded as suspicious. If you notice any unattended baggage in the terminal, please notify our security staff.
Your baggage should not contain any dangerous items, and it is not recommended to accept packages from strangers. Any package which is accepted from a stranger should be checked by relevant staff at check-in.
General rules for a security check:
- Have your boarding pass and passport ready as there is no admittance without a boarding pass.
- LAPTOPS should be taken out of the bag before x-ray check.
- You are only allowed to take small quantities of liquids in your hand baggage. These liquids must be in individual containers with a maximum capacity of 100 millilitres each. You must pack these containers in one transparent, re-sealable plastic bag of not more than one litre capacity per passenger. Plastic bags can also be obtained at the check-in counters.
- All metal objects shold be removed and placed in a plastic box – belts, money, keys, larger pieces of jewellery, watches,..
- Sharp and pointed objects in hand baggage are confiscated. It is recommended to pack them in hold baggage.
- Shoes with metal parts in the soles can be the reason to set the alarm off. To avoid this, please take off the shoes and place them in a dedicated box in order to be x-rayed.
- Passengers with a PACEMAKER should inform the security staff berofe the security check.
- The number of electronic and electric devices should be kept to a minimum. Please bear in mind that the security check of these devices takes more time.
- Food and drink should not be packed in hand baggage as they can be recognised as suspicious.
- Please do not wrap gifts or packages as you might be asked to open them for security check.
- Valuable objects, e.g. jewellery, money, lap top, should be packed in your hand baggage.
Security staff and the police take security very seriously therefore witticisms are not tolerated and will be handled accordingly.
Please do not leave your vehicles in front of the passenger terminal because the rules are very strict there and you can quickly get a notice of violation.
Please be informed that the complete airport is under video surveillance.